A Link to the past … A Bridge to the future.
Built in 1908, the historic Spring City Depot has been named among the America's great railroad stations by the author Janet Greenstein Potter.
The red-roofed Front Street structure was located a short distance from the therapeutic waters of the former Rhea Springs resort (now gone).
The existing concrete and brick station was built along the southern Railway's Cincinnati to Chattanooga line and replaced a wooden depot that once stood a block south.
Many frieght trains continued to pass by the station each day. Passenger service as discontinued in the 1950's although frieght service continued a while longer.
The Depot now is used both a main office for the Spring City Chamber of Commerce and as the location for the Spring City Museum.